Why hello there…
People buy people, so here’s a little more about Helen Burness the person…
A journey through the legal industry
I’ve spent more years than I can now count working at the forefront of change in the legal sector. At the start of my career, in-house with a global law firm and chambers and later heading up marketing and business development at one of the first ever NewLaw start-ups and providers of flexible legal resourcing.
Having travelled the legal market far and wide, I set up Saltmarsh Marketing, to bring twenty years of legal marketing expertise to disruptive legal services businesses.
In addition to Saltmarsh Marketing I’m CMO of She Breaks the Law, a global community of women change makers who are passionate about the power of innovation and collaboration.
And, I’ve recently collaborated with a fellow Helen (Foord) from ELE Global to set up Helen Squared, providing fixed-fee ‘nuts and bolts’ marketing packages to innovative legal businesses.
The other stuff you might want to know
- I’m a disability advocate on behalf of my awesome daughter and am fierce about equality and inclusion.
- I spend a lot of time in our home in Normandy where I eat too much cheese and immerse myself in the local culture (wine).
- I love singing and cold water swimming (yes, I am that person in a Dry Robe on your grid).
- I am about to get a Siamese kitten. I sense this may become central to my personal brand.
- Anyone who knows me will vouch for the fact that I believe in creativity and collaboration, working in partnership and having fun along the way.